Woman holding a t-shirt with a mouth with bad breath on it over her own mouth.

The Causes of Bad Breath and How to Fix Them

Are you a victim of bad breath? Here are some of the causes of halitosis and how to fix it. Medically known as halitosis, bad breath is a problem people commonly face. While certain foods and drinks can stimulate foul-smelling breath, halitosis can also be a sign of a serious problem.

a man with dreadlocks and sunglasses, smiling broadly. He is wearing a white t-shirt with a graphic print and is standing outdoors in a sunny setting. The text overlay on the image reads "HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR ORAL HEALTH" in white, uppercase letters. The logo "DESERT RIDGE DENTAL" is placed in the upper right corner.

Improving Your Oral Health

5 Ways to Keep Your Teeth, Gums & Oral Health Strong  Having healthy teeth and gums tends to reflect your overall health. Not taking care of your teeth and gums can lead to a variety of oral problems along with heart disease, respiratory problems, and dementia. To ensure you are taking the utmost care of your teeth and preventing such …

an X-ray of a human mouth, showing a detailed view of teeth, jawbone, and sinus structures. The image is black and white, with the teeth appearing prominently against the darker background. The logo "DESERT RIDGE DENTAL" is positioned in the lower right corner.

The Importance of Dental X-Rays

Dental X-rays can detect oral health problems that the naked eye cannot see. Aside from our immediate dental repairs, one of the main reasons we go to the dentist is to catch any dental problems we may have before they become serious and to prevent those dental problems from happening. While a physical examination may tell us a little bit …

a person's mouth with bright red lipstick. A piece of dental floss is shown wrapped around their front teeth, highlighting the importance of flossing. The teeth are clean and white, and the contrast between the red floss and lipstick against the white teeth.

5 Tips for Flossing Made Easy

5 tips for flossing more effectively and less painfully Flossing can be an inconvenient and painful which is why only 37% of people 18-24 years old floss. The other 63% are going to the dentist and awkwardly telling their dentist “no” when he/she ask if they floss. Flossing is essential to proper oral health and can actually prevent a lot …

black and white image captures a woman in a moment of distress. She is sitting with her head in her hands, fingers tangled in her hair, and an expression of frustration or despair on her face. The background is blurred, focusing the viewer's attention on her emotional state.

Tips to Prevent Stress from Hurting Your Teeth

Stress can take a toll on our health, including our oral health. It’s universally known that stress can take an adverse effect on our health. Stress can create anxiety disorders, sleep disorders, heightened blood pressure, and develop a higher risk of a heart attack, stroke, and heart disease. But what most people don’t know is that stress can take quite …


Keeping Your Teeth Healthy While Pregnant

How should you be keeping your teeth healthy while pregnant? Women may not lose a tooth for every child they have, but their teeth are at risk during pregnancy. There’s an old Wives’ Tale that says for every child a woman bears, she loses a tooth. Well, that is obviously not true, most women who have had children, still have …


5 Tips For Smoker’s Teeth

Make 2017 the year you turn your smoker’s teeth into a brighter, healthier smile. Most people know that smoking causes a number of diseases found throughout the body. However, there is one area of the body that doesn’t get as much attention as it should and that is the mouth.  When you smoke, your risk of mouth infection is double …


Why Do Toddlers Grind Their Teeth?

How to stop your toddlers grinding their teeth. Discovering that your toddler has developed a habit of grinding their teeth, a phenomenon known as bruxism in the medical community, can be a disconcerting experience for parents. Statistics indicate that approximately 1/6 to 1/3 of children may engage in teeth grinding at some point. Naturally, this raises concerns and prompts parents …


Halitosis, Anyone?

How to Avoid Clearing the Room Everyone has had an experience with a close-talker.  His unnerving nearness is eclipsed only by his use of breathy words to tell you about…wait, what was he saying?  Nobody knows; they were all too busy holding their breath and devising an exit strategy.  Don’t be that guy; avoid social calamity by knowing what causes …