5 Tips for Flossing Made Easy
5 tips for flossing more effectively and less painfully
Flossing can be an inconvenient and painful which is why only 37% of people 18-24 years old floss. The other 63% are going to the dentist and awkwardly telling their dentist “no” when he/she ask if they floss. Flossing is essential to proper oral health and can actually prevent a lot of oral diseases.
So why are 63% of people not flossing? Because it’s hard and painful? Well, here are 5 tips to make flossing easier and less painful:
- Get the right kind of floss for you– Those with teeth close together will need to use wax floss to move in between their teeth more effectively.
- Make it a habit– Don’t put it on your to-do-list. Make it a part of a daily routine.
- Use a different part of the floss for each tooth– Shift the floss with each tooth so it is fresh and clean.
- Know the technique– Knowing how to floss will make it easier and less painful. Ask your dentist how to floss.
- See the dentist every 6 months– Seeing the dentist every 6 months will ensure that your teeth are clean, that you are flossing correctly and that there are no cavities or other dental problems.
It takes about 21 days to make or break a habit. So for your new year’s resolution, just spend 21 days forcing yourself to floss until it becomes a habit; it could save your gums and/or teeth. Make sure to also schedule a visit to Desert Ridge Dental for your semi-annual checkup and to learn how to floss from a professional.