5 Foods that Whiten Teeth Naturally
Your body isn’t the only thing that benefits from eating fruits and vegetable.
Did you know changing your diet to eating these healthy, simple foods every day can actually help whiten your teeth along with keeping them strong and healthy? Studies have shown that eating apples, broccoli, raisins, strawberries, and cheese can actually prevent you from getting cavities, gum disease, and can whiten them the natural and healthier way.
- Apples have a high concentration of malic acid which is found in most toothpaste. Eating an apple a day helps scrub your teeth and help rid stains.
- Broccoli is high in fiber which reduces inflammation in the mouth. Eating raw broccoli can help clean and polish your teeth along with providing a wall of protection from enamel-degrading acid.
- Watermelon stimulate saliva which helps prevent plaque, stains, and cavities by neutralizing the acidic environment. It is also fibrous so it acts like a toothbrush by scrubbing your teeth every time you bite down.
- Strawberries are a lot like apples in which they have a high concentration of malic acid. They can also help with reducing gum inflammation and periodontal disease because of the vitamin C found in them.
- Cheese is filled with calcium, phosphorous and protein which protects tooth enamel. It also has been discovered that lactic acid found in cheese can prevent tooth decay.
If you’re wanting whiter and healthier teeth, start eating these five foods every day and, within a matter of weeks, you will have a whiter, healthier smile.